Our clients are often asking about skipper training and refresher courses, so we’ve teamed up with recognized RYA Training Centre, Aigua Sea School, to offer you all of this:
- PWC. Personal watercraft or jetski
- POWER. Generally ‘open’ vessels such as RIBs, day boats, bow riders and sports boats – as a rule they are less than 10m
- MOTOR. Cruisers (motor boats with cabins) – these can be less than 10m, but if they have cabins they come under ‘motor’
- SAIL. Sailing yachts for cruising (not dinghies)
- SHOREBASED. VHF marine radio, diesel engine, first aid, navigation theory – beginner to advanced
It is more important than ever to make sure your certificates are shipshape. If you’re piloting a PWC a one-day proficiency certificate is the minimum requirement, for a powerboat a two-day Level 2 certificate is the minimum, motor cruisers a four-day Day Skipper course and sailing a five-day Day Skipper course.
You can also secure an ICC (International Certificate of Competence) on all of the above – the most-widely recognized and easiest certificate to show to the authorities – and eligibility has recently been extended to include nationals and residents of Spain.
So, if you’re after ‘own boat’ training or a course on an approved training boat, need a pre-charter refresher or VHF radio course, give us a shout and we will place you in Aigua Sea School’s safe hands.